Local immunotherapy is a well studied and highly effective method.
Aim. To evaluate local immunomodulating therapy effectiveness in case of Viferon gel application among patients, suffering from seasonal virus associated allergic rhinitis (AR).
Materials and methods. Viferon gel clinical effectiveness evaluation was conducted among 28 patients, suffering from seasonal virus associated AR (sagebrush pollen). Control group consisted of 25 patients, suffering from virus associated seasonal AR (sagebrush pollen). Patients' age – 18 to 55 years old, disease duration – 3 to 10 years. Main group patients received 2 Viferon gel treatment courses: during autumn-winter period (before pollination season) and during palination season combined with basic antiphlogistic therapy. Control group patients did not receive Viferon gel.
Results. Viferon gel application effectiveness among patients, suffering from virus associated AR is expressed in local immunotherapy positive impact on inflammatory process character and severeness, local inflammation control and exacerbation decrease during pollination period. Control group trend – basic agents' volume preservation or increase in comparison with previous pollination period.
Conclusions. Acquired results witness the fact, that localized Viferon gel application as a part of treatment scheme for patients, suffering from virus associated AR allows us actively control inflammatory cascade in cases of AR, normalize comorbid pathology flow, decrease demand for basic AR therapy and significantly increase patients’ quality of life.
Key words: local immunotherapy, virus associated allergic rhinitis, Viferon gel.
About the Author
People’s Friendship University of Russia, Moscow, Russia
2. Aerosol therapy of respiratory diseases. Recommendations for doctors. Ed. M.G.Romantsov. Saint Petersburg, 2007 (in Russian).
3. Arefieva N.A. The use of a solution of cycloferon 12.5% in the prevention of exacerbations of chronic tonsillitis and recurrent sinusitis. Saint Petersburg: NTFF "Polisan", 2007; p. 242–4 (in Russian).
4. Tataurshchikova N.S., Sidorovich I.G. Intranazal'naia aerozol'terapiia rastvorom tsikloferona – novyi metod lokal'noi immunoterapii v lechenii allergicheskogo rinosinusita. Vestn. otorinolaringologii. 2012; 2: 49–52 (in Russian).
5. Nesterova I.V., Kovaleva S.V., Kleshchenko E.I. et al. Retrospektivnyi analiz klinicheskoi effektivnosti korotkikh kursov interferona v lechenii ORVI u immunokomprometirovannykh chasto i dlitel'no boleiushchikh detei. Pediatriia. Zhurn. im. G.N.Speranskogo. 2014; 93 (2): 62–7 (in Russian).
6. Nesterova I.V., Kovaleva S.V., Kleshchenko E.I. et al. Modifitsirovannaia programma kombinirovannoi interferono- i immunoterapii pri assotsiirovannykh respiratornykh i gerpeticheskikh virusnykh infektsiiakh u immunokomprometirovannykh detei. Effektivnaia farmakoterapiia. Allergologiia i immunologiia. 2013; 1 (27): 26–32 (in Russian).
7. Ponezheva Zh.B., Kupchenko A.N., Mannanova I.V., Gorelov A.V. Interferony i protivovirusnyi otvet. Effektivnaia farmakoterapiia. Pediatriia. 2018; 1: 14–20 (in Russian).
8. Keshishian E.S, Zenina O.M., Kushnareva M.V. Effektivnost' mestnoi immunoprofilaktiki ostrykh respiratornykh infektsii u detei rannego vozrasta v obshchesomaticheskikh otdeleniiakh. Effektivnaia farmakoterapiia. Pediatriia. 2013; 5: 50–4 (in Russian).
9. Tataurschikova N.S., Sepiashvili R.I. Modern approaches to the use of immunomodulators in allergological practice. Teaching aid. Moscow, 2012 (in Russian).
10. Tsarev S.V. Infektsiia i allergiia: vzaimosviaz' i vzaimovliianie. RMZh. 2016; 12: 800–3 (in Russian).
11. Bokova T.A. Gerpesvirusnye infektsii u detei: sovremennye vozmozhnosti terapii. Lechashchii vrach. 2015; 6: 37–40 (in Russian).
12. Tataurschikova N.S., Degtyareva E.A., Krasnov V.V., Romantsov M.G. Immunocompromised patient. Practical recommendations. Saint Petersburg, 2009 (in Russian).
13. Mahir Igde, Fusun Artiran Igde, Zafer Yazici. Herpes Simplex Type 1 Infection and Atopy Association in Turkish Children with Asthma and Allergic Rhinitis. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 2009; 8 (3): 149–54.
14. Sergerie Y, Rivest S, Boivin G. Tumor necrosis factor A and interleukin1 play a critical role in the resistance against lethal herpes simplex virus encephalitis. J Infect Dis 2007; 196: 853–60.
15. Juniper EF et al. Validation of the standardized version of the Rhinoconjunctivitis Quality of Life Questionnaire. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1999; 104 (2): 364–9.
For citation:Sangidorj B., Tataurshchikova N.S. Local immunotherapy in complex treatment among patients, suffering from allergic rhinitis. Pediatrics. Consilium Medicum. 2019; 2: 79–82. DOI: 10.26442/26586630.2019.2.190514Founder:
ZAO Medicinskie izdaniya
«CONSILIUM MEDICUM» L.L.C.
Post address: 127055, P.O. Box 97, Moscow, Russian Federation